|Team Building Information||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Why It Pays to Out More Humor in the Workplace
1. Humor reduces stress levels and stress is the number one problem confronting employees today.
2. Laughter boosts morale while stress erodes staff morale. It is in the best interest of any business to invest in the happiness of its employees. Laughter is an effective barometer of just how happy your people are.
3. Keeping things in perspective tends to boost morale and humor helps us keep things in perspective.
4. Humor helps facilitate change. Change is inevitable and people who laugh well and often tend to be more flexible and adaptable.
5. Communication improves when humor is used appropriately. The timely use of humor can get a point across effectively and assists in the process of problem solving.
6. Laughter and humor relieve boredom and increase creative energy.
7. Humor builds confidence. When we laugh at ourselves we are less rigid and more spontaneous. We tend to bounce back more quickly when negative things happen. Humor also makes us less fearful of making mistakes and more confident about overcoming setbacks.
8. Laughter and humor promote positive relationships. When you hear a funny story your first impulse is to tell someone and share the laughter. When laughter is shared a natural bonding takes place.
9. Humor promotes happiness and joy. It's good to be alive.
10. Quality relationships are measured by the amount of laughter present. When relationships are good, people laugh a lot. The same applies to businesses. When employees enjoy one another and laugh easily and often, we see performance improve and profits increase.
11. The humor I speak of here must never be based on laughing at someone, racism, sexism, put downs, sarcasm or ridicule. These forms of humor are destructive attempts at making one look good by making another look and feel badly. There is enough good humor to last a lifetime. Just look for it.
THEY WHO LAUGH............LAST
Get a copy of his free cartoon ebook on humor and staff morale herehttp://motivationalplus.com/cgi/a/t.cgi?begin
Mike Moore is an international speaker on Humor in the Workplace/ Humor and Stress Management/ Humor and Staff Potential
Team Building - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Teaming - How to Build a Team
Team building takes work but the results are worth it. The essential ingredient is time and patience.
Always In Motion Is The Future
It's the summer of 1973, and a young film director goes searching for a studio to distribute his new screenplay. Many say no, until one finally agrees to take a chance on him.
Franchisor Award Programs; Ideas and Innovation
Franchisors should also be heavy on the award side of motivational material. Award certificates and plaques should be given out to franchisees who perform above expectations.
Hand Out Warm Glows
Do you remember how you felt after your last interactionwith another person either on the phone or face to face?That person - it could have been a customer, a colleague, asalesperson, a friend or even a member of your family. Didthey make you feel good, uplifted and more positive, didthey leave you feeling neutral or did they make you feeldown and more negative.
Young minds are quite easy to shape. International Terrorist recruiters know this and have an abundant source of young men and women to pick from.
Presenteeism - present in body absent in productivity
Presenteeism is alive and 'not well' in many businesses today. It will visit your business or may even be present as you read this article.
What Do Trainers Do When They are Not Training?
In the new corporate environments where everyone wears more than one hat, trainers are often responsible for a myriad of duties beyond just facilitating new training classes. Their job is often that of Maintenance, IT Guru, Subject Matter Expert, Coach, Instructional designer, and Copy Clerk.
Landscaping Business; Employee Relations
There are few industries or service type businesses, which are more labor intensive then that of the Landscaping Profession. Whether it is the installation of new landscape designs or the maintenance or mowing of the existing properties; it is done by people power working with the proper tools.
Business Innovation - Effective Team Structures
Creativity can be defined as problem identification and idea generation whilst innovation can be defined as idea selection, development and commercialisation.There are other useful definitions in this field, for example, creativity can be defined as consisting of a number of ideas, a number of diverse ideas and a number of novel ideas.
Teamwork, Rowing, & Paddles
Effective and sustainable teambuilding is necessary in today's marketplace where fewer people are being required to do more work. More often than not, the adage "Getting everyone rowing in the same direction" is associated with building effective teams.
The very effective tool of keeping a journal can be used in your workplace as well as at home. It is a powerful tool that can enhance our lives and support our personal and work well-being.
Raising Issues In Your Group or Offline
In a recent group coaching session, a client mentioned that he thought his monthly meetings with his peers were dysfunctional. He felt they achieved "false closure" on key decisions - they'd discuss an issue, not make a clear decision, and move on, all acting as if they were clear.
Resolving Workplace Conflict: 4 Ways to a Win-Win Solution
The effects of conflict in the workplace are widespread and costly. Its prevalence, as indicated by three serious studies, shows that 24-60% of management time and energy is spent dealing with anger.
How To Help A Sick Team Become Healthy
Team Building Question:A team is full of animosity, pretended interpersonal relationship, fear of bosses, mistrust and endless infighting what can I do as a team building facilitator?The Team Doc Says:Well, you've got your work cut out for you. Plan on this being a long term intervention.
How to Boost Morale In Your Organisation
Who keeps the wheels turning in your organisation? Who holds it all together when chaos reigns supreme? Who can you rely on to run your department/business in your absence?Generally it's the admin/secretarial/support staff who toil away at their computers day after day, week after week and maybe year after year.Tell me?when's the last time you thanked or rewarded them for their efforts? I'm sure you did what everyone else does at Xmas - take them out to lunch or dinner.
Solitude Vs Teamwork!
Irrespective of any given situation, "Team Work Works!" It is not that students are incapable of studying in solitude, it is just that when they study in collaboration the synergy drives the students, one step further. During the learning period people tend to be skeptical and filled with fraught of underachieving, so they stick with the habit of solitary learning.
Team Success with "Innies": Why You Want Them on Your Team and How to Help Them Excel
Everyone knows, works or lives with "innies." Who are they and what can they do for your team? Let's find out!"Innies" are those quiet, reserved folks who take time to think before they comment.
Motivation - Dont Make Your Team Uncomfortable
The people in your team may feel a bit uncomfortable whenyou sit down and spend time with them, particularly ifthey're not used to it. They might not be used to you doingit or perhaps a previous manager didn't do it.
Employee and Coworkers Gifts
Giving gifts to your co-workers or your employees can be a tricky business. You want to give something that is they will really enjoy but doesn't break your piggy bank.
Effective Team Building for Stronger Teams
TEAM LEADERS WORKSHOPAlice asked Cheshire cat "which road should I take?" (Cheshire cat) "Where do you want to go?" (Alice) "I don't know" (Cheshire cat) well it doesn't matter which road you take.How do you tell a good leader? "By how many people will follow them into battle"What is Coaching?A discussion process between members of an organization aimed at exerting a positive influence in the motivation, performance and awareness of areas for improvement and development of another person to help them be as effective as possibleWhat is transformational Leaders!A literature search of over 200 books and articles confirmed that successful organisations had more innovative and productive teams and team members who were more loyal and committed.
© www.KewlOz.com 2013